Monday, September 26, 2005

 

A Common Sense Republican

Connie "I'm a little confused by the pre-biotic soup" Morris, the ethics challenged member of the creationist majority on the Kansas State Board of Education will now face a Republican challenger in the Aug. 1, 2006 primary election.

Sally Cauble, 54, a former teacher and local school board member from Liberal -- for all of you blue state RSR readers, we assure you there is a Liberal, Kansas -- has announced she will run against Morris.

Cauble is being a bit cagey about where she stands on the issues, preferring to say only that, "I'm running on common sense, and I'm a Republican."

"I believe God created the universe," Cauble adds. "I taught evolution and I find the two compatible," "I may teach intelligent design in a philosophy class, but I'm not sure I would put it in the science curriculum."

Whoever wins the primary will face Democrat Tim Cruz, the former mayor of Garden City, in the Nov. 7 general election. Five of the board's 10 seats are up for election next year, and four of those belong to conservatives, including Morris.

Although it was many, many years ago, Red State Rabble is old enough to remember when there were still Republicans who possessed common sense. We thought, like the Dodo, they'd gone extinct, but perhaps they're merely endangered.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?