Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

Muddy Waters

"Each year" says Tammy Kitzmiller, one of 11 parents suing the Dover School Board, "the US science and math scores fall further behind the rest of the world. ID, introduced as a 'scientific' explanation, would only increase that gap. I've always encouraged my children to explore new ideas, try new things, to think outside of the box. But at the same time, I've stressed the importance of education and having a firm knowledge of the basics. To have a school muddy the waters of science - when within the scientific community there is no controversy - left me greatly disappointed. When and where my children learn about theological ideas should be my decision, not the Dover Area School Board's."

Read more on the Pennsylvania ACLU blog, Speaking Freely.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?