Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

Creationism: The Argument From Ignorance

"I don't believe in evolution. Like most people I was taught it at school, but realised as an adult that I knew little to nothing about it, which is the case with most people. I therefore decided to reassess it," says the Rev James Alexander, vicar at St Andrew's in the UK.

When the realization strikes that we know little to nothing about something, we can react in a couple of ways. The first is to knuckle down and learn. Alternatively, we might decide that those who do know are simply mistaken.

The second option is comforting and requires that we do nothing but revel in our own ignorance. The first, on the other hand, requires a certain amount of humility and a taste for hard work.

I'll leave it to you to decide which option the Rev. James Alexander took.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?