Saturday, December 23, 2006

 
Put 'em up, put 'em up! Which one of you first? I can fight you both together if you want. I can fight you with one paw tied behind my back. I can fight you standing on one foot. I can fight you with my eyes closed. Oh, pull an axe on me, eh? Sneaking up on me, eh? Why, I'll... Ruff!

Remember William Dembski, the ID theorist extraordinaire who fantasized about squeezing the truth out of Darwinists only to put his tail between his legs and run like hell when he was called himself to testify at the Dover intelligent design trial.

Dembski wasn't the only ID hero to go AWOL at Doverloo of course, Discovery's Stephen C. Meyer, John Angus Campbell, and Warren Nord all found they had more pressing duties elsewhere, as well.

Of course, they all have reasons why.

Dembski, deeply stung by Barbara Forrest's account of his desertion under fire, offers his excuses here.

Dembski wanted to testify. He really, really did, it's just that he was held back by forces beyond his control. Don't worry though, Dembski fully expects "there to be future trials where Forrest and I cross swords."

Not only that, but Dembski wants to debate Forrest -- if the honorariam is sufficiently attractive, we suspect. Where Dembski once fantasized about squeezing the truth out of Darwinists under cross-examination, our adolescent hero now envisions himself going "toe-to-toe in a final exchange" with Forrest.

Naturally, this "final exchange" will lack the drama of being conducted under oath in a court of law. Perhaps, George Bush will lend our boy the Top Gun outfit he wore while landing on the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln to deliver his "Mission Accomplished" speech.

That should do it.

Red State Rabble will be taking a break next week. See you after the first of the year.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?